Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chuduva or Chivda


This is one of my favorite snacks or breakfast from my childhood. I used to take it to hostel whenever I go from my home after my holidays. My friends used to like it alot. This is called as "Atukula Chuduva" or "Chivda" in some of the places. Its very easy to prepare and taste awesome. It can be preserved in a air-tight box about 1month.

Ingredients:
Atukulu- 3 cups
Oil- 3tbsp
Mustard seeds- 2tsp
Jeera- 2tsp
Turmeric- 1tsp
Hing- pinch
Green chillies- 2 no
Red chillies- 5 no
Curry leaves- 1tbsp
Putnalu- 2tbsp
Ground nuts- 2tbsp
Sessame seeds- 1tbsp
Salt- for taste
Sugar- 1tsp
Chilli powder- for taste or optional

Preparations:
1. Dry the atukulu in hot sun about 3hrs or microwave abt 1mt in high power. (The time may vary for your microwave).
2. Cut the green chillies and keep aside.
Method:
1. Heat oil in the pan, add hing, mustard seeds, jeera and turmeric powder, stir well.
2. Add green chillies, curry leaves and red chillies and fry a minute.
3. Add ground nuts, putnalu and fry a minute.
4. Add sessame seeds, salt, sugar, chilli powder and fry 1mt.
5. Add poha or atukulu little by little and mix it. Then Add completely and mix well. Keep the flame in sim otherwise they get burnt at the bottom.
6. Keep stirring and fry abt 3mts. Once they are done check the salt and spiceness. This is done.
U can serve hot or store in air tight box and serve whenever you want.
Hope you all liked my recipe. Thanks for watching it. Please let me know your comments on it...Bye.



2 comments:

Pavithra Elangovan said...

My fav looks so good and tempting.

EC said...

Thats a healthy snack to munch during tea time..

Post a Comment