Thursday, January 28, 2010

Onion Curry

Onion Curry is my own invention. One day when I was in Bangalore, I remember all my vegetables were finished and was very lazy to go to market. But I had lot of onions in my kitchen then I decided to try a curry with onions only. Then I did it and came out really good. My hubby and my bor-in-law was praising this curry and had complete meals with this alone. I used to prepare it very often. Then from last 2years I haven't prepared it. Suddenly I thought I will prepare it and put this recipe in my blog. So my friends hope u will definitely try it and enjoy with your family members. Here goes the recipe for it......
Ingredients:

Onions- 3 big
Oil- 1tbsp
Mustard seeds- 1tsp
Jeera- 1tsp
Turmeric- pinch
Urad daal- 1tsp
Curry leaves- 8 no
Chilli powder- 1tsp
Sessame seeds, ground nut, putnala powder- 4tbsp
Salt- for taste
Garam masala powder- 1tsp (Optional)

Preparations:
1. Peal and chop the onions very very finely and keep aside.
2. Dry roast the sessame seeds, ground nuts and putnalu (1 cup) together, let them cool and grind as fine powder, keep aside.

Method:
1. Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, jeera, when they crackle add turmeric, urad daal, curry leaves, fry a minute.
2. Add finely chopped onions, stir well and fry till they become soft and transparent that about 5mts.
3. Add salt, chilli powder, mix well and cook again for 2mts.
4. When its done, add sessame seeds ground powder, garam masala powder, mix well and turn off the stove.

The tasty and delicious Onion currry is ready. Hope u will enjoy it and please let me know your comments on this recipe. Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment