Friday, December 10, 2010

Sabudana and Vermicelly Kheer- My Blog's 1st Anniversary Celebrations

I am very glad to announce that my blog completed 1 successful year by today. I am very happy about that. I felt very much excited when I started blogging last year. I have posted 125 recipes by today. Feeling great about that. Yet to post many heallthy and super delicious recipes. Thanks one and all for watching my blog and thanks for your support. I promise that I will post good recipes in future. I should thank my hubby 'Pavan' for supporting me and encouraging me to start posting the recipes.














So I am celebrating my blog's first Anniversary with Sabudana and vermicelly kheer. This is a yummy sweet and can be prepared in no time.

Ingredients:
1. Sabudana- 1/2 cup
2. Vermicelly or semiya- 1/2 cup
3. Milk- 3 cups
4. Sugar- 1 cup
5. Ilachi powder- 1 tsp
6. Ghee- 2 tbsp
7. Cashew nuts- 2 tbsp broken
All you need- A heavy bottomed vessel, a steel spatulla, a non stick pan.
Preparation time: 20mts
Serves- 4 people
Preparations:

1. Roast vermicelly by adding 2 drops of ghee till it starts changing its colour. Take into a separate bowl and cool it.
2. Wash and soak the sabudana about 2 to 4 hrs in water.
3. Roast broken cashew nuts and keep aside.

Method:
1. In a heavy bottomed vessel, boil the milk by adding ilachi powder.
2. When the milk is boiling, add sugar, stir with spatulla and let it melt well. Stir ocassionally.
3. Add roasted vermicelly and drained and soaked sabudana, add ghee. Mix well.
4. Let it cook for 6 to 8mts or till the vermicelly is tender.
5. Add fried broken cashew nuts and turn off the stove.
6. Check for the sweetness. Add sugar if necessary.

Let it cool. Refrigerate about 1hr and serve chilled. You can also add dry fruits like raisins or pista and serve.
This is a very good dessert.

Hope you all enjoy this recipe. C U soon with a very good recipe.
Once again thanks everyone for your support. Bye...

0 comments:

Post a Comment