Friday, December 11, 2009

Peas and Corn curry with Sour cream

Peas and Corn curry with Sour cream is my own recipe. Actually I left with no vegetables at kitchen except corn and green peas. So I tried this one, it came out really good. So I just wanted to share it with you guys.









Ingredients:

Oil- 1tsp

Jeera- 1tsp

Turmeric- pinch

Chilli powder- 1 tsp
Salt-for state
Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves- for garnishing
Corn- 1 cup
Green peas- 1 cup
Garam masala- 1 tsp
Sour cream- 2tbsp
Besan flour- 1tbsp



Preparations:


1. Wash the Green frozen peas and corn together, add 1 cup of water and boil in the microwave about 4mts.
2. Separate the boiled peas, corn and water. (Don't throw the water, we will use it during the preparation of curry).
3. Chop the coriander leaves.


Method:

1. Heat the oil in the pan, Add hing and jeera.
2. Add turmeric and boiled peas, corn. Fry for 3mts
3. Now add besan flour, mix well abt 30sec
4. Add the water(which we have separated from peas), chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder and cook for 3mts
5. Check the consistency of the curry, it will start thickening since we have added the besan flour. So add extra water if necessary.
6. Add sour cream, lemon juice, mix well
7. Switch off the stove and check the salt.
8. Garnish with the coriander leaves.


This is a good combination for Chapathi and paratha's and rice as well.


I hope everyone of you will definitely like this recipe. U can make variation by adding Tomato. Try it and let me know the comments.

Thanks.

1 comments:

Swapna Gampa said...

Nice recipe.. Have to try this..
I recently started posting recipes and remedies. I will try this and post in my blog. Thank you.
www.allinmykitchen.com

Post a Comment